Our commitment to a sustainable future isn’t confined to the classroom. We roll up our sleeves and get involved. Because visionaries aren’t just the dreamers. They’re the doers. Because we’re more than members of the School of Mines community. We’re citizens of the world, and we owe it to tomorrow to use less today.
Don’t just see our impact. Be a part of it.
RecycleMania 2014 Tournament
2013 Campus Sustainability Day
Celebrate with our "Drive to Not Drive."
Lower your carbon footprint for the day by using alternative transportation Wednesday, Oct. 23, and WIN Grubby Gold and Dining recycling containers.
Alternative transportation: carpool, bike, walk, bus, trolley, motorcycle, scooter
Did you know Dining has a recycling container to-go program?
Pick up your reusable to-go container for $5 at the Hardrocker Café or Miner's Shack and get it filled with the food of your choice. On your next visit, return your used container for a clean, sanitized one or a card for future use. All containers will go through the same cleaning process as the dinnerware used in the campus dining service.
- Turn off lights when rooms are not in use.
- Recycle cardboard, plastic, aluminum, toner/ink cartridges, etc.
- Report leaking faucets for repair.
- Commute, carpool or bike to work/school.
- Use a reusable water bottle.
- Use the back side of paper for printing.
- Reuse plastic shopping bags.
- Recycle textbooks by donating to bookstore for Books for Africa program.
- Many more online!
Whether you love pounding the pavement or get a rush from scaling new heights, take advantage of the many opportunities to get involved.
Hardrocker Climbing Club