Groundwater and Environmental Research
- Assessment of groundwater contamination Risk. Real-time data integration in groundwater flow and transport modeling. Optimal monitoring network design for groundwater management.
- Groundwater protection and aquifer vulnerability. Groundwater quality. Acid rock drainage from mines. Removal of arsenic and heavy metals from water. Water resource availability. Aquifer system response to pumping through ground-surface elevation monitoring with Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR).
- Groundwater and surface water interaction along the White River on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- Numerical models of poroelastic deformation, earthquake-triggering, reservoir impoundment and induced seismicity, and propagation of fluid-filled fractures.
- Abandoned mine lands contaminant assessment in western South Dakota; primary assessments for radionuclide and heavy-metal contamination of soils, surface water, groundwater, and air.
- Environmental effects of mine drainage and tailings disposal. Subsurface contamination and environmental remediation. Water monitoring and water quality assessment on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
InSAR, Geohazards, Geomechanics
Groundwater, Geostatistics, Data assimilation
Geodynamics, Geophysics, Hydrogeology, Numerical Models, Optimization and Uncertainty
- Foster Sawyer
Groundwater, Petroleum, Sedimentation
Geological engineering, Site characterization, 3D imaging
- Arden Davis
Groundwater modeling, Contaminant transport, Arsenic and heavy metals
- Alvis Lisenbee
Structural geology, Tectonics, Geologic mapping
- Perry Rahn
Engineering geology, Hydrogeology