CSC 317 Computer Organization and Architecture
Understand the major components of a computer system and their interconnection. Understand the memory hierarchy and the importance of cache memories. Understand the way computers represent numbers. Understand the importance of a machine instruction set in the operation of a processor.
A student who successfully completes this course should, at a minimum, be able to:
- understand fundamental architectural principles
- measure the performance of modern microprocessor designs
- analyze simulation data to evaluate designs
- construct alternative computer architecture designs
- demonstrate knowledge about state-of-the-art CPU, memory and storage systems