CSC 415 Introduction to Robotics
CSC415 is a senior elective introductory course in robotics fundamentals for computer science majors. The goal for the course is to develop background in and survey the subject of robotics with an emphasis in mobile autonomous robotics. The student will gain the skills needed to program a mobile system to perform tasks such as autonomous navigation, mapping and environmental interaction.
A student who successfully completes this course should, at a minimum, be able to:
- Identify examples of existing robotic systems.
- Develop kinematic models and simulate a robotic system.
- Program embedded systems to control motion.
- Gather information from the environment using sensors.
- Build simple models of the environment from sensor data.
- Perform simple localization and mapping.