CSC 426 Cybersecurity **New
A student who successfully completes this course should, at a minimum, be able to:
- Develop an understanding of basic concepts in information security, including security policies, security models, and security mechanisms.
- Gain familiarity with the threats to and vulnerabilities of personal, organizational, and national security information systems and cyber infrastructure.
- Gain familiarity with various types of countermeasures against security threats, and forensic analysis to investigate the aftermath.
- Develop an understanding of information systems security practiced in computer operating systems, distributed systems, networks and applications.
- Develop a basic understanding of cryptography, its evolvement, and some key encryption techniques used today.