Mathematics Mission Statement
The mission of the B.S. degree in Applied and Computational Mathematics is to:
- To provide educational opportunities for students to gain a firm understanding of mathematics and its applications to science and engineering.
- To prepare students for careers in their major or in a related field. This would also include preparation study at the graduate level.
- Students completing the program will be prepared and motivated to pursue further life long learning and professional development in their chosen field.
- To provide an educational resource for the campus, community, and region.
- To provide scientific consulting and expertise to the campus, community, and region.