The Mining Engineering graduate program at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology supports the growing need for mining engineers by offering a master's degree in Mining Engineering. Alternative delivery methods (see our Distance Education program) make the curriculum readily available to
mining engineering professionals beyond South Dakota's borders.
Mining Engineering MS
Attuned to the needs of major industries, the SDSM&T Mining Engineering MS program is known and respected around the world.
Students completing the MS degree in Mining Engineering will acquire:
- Advanced knowledge of rock mechanics and ground control;
- Advanced knowledge of engineering economics and finance as it relates to mine projects;
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, techniques, laws and methodologies related to explosives engineering;
- Expanded knowledge of the mining laws of South Dakota, surrounding states and the United States;
- Further knowledge of mine management, project management, and/or executive skills
- Advanced knowledge of mining methods and related topics.