The Mining Engineering and Management graduate program at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology supports the growing need for mining engineers by offering a master's degree in Mining Engineering and Management. Alternative delivery methods (see our
SD Mines Online program) make the curriculum readily available to mining engineering professionals beyond South Dakota's borders.
Mining Engineering and Management MS
Attuned to the needs of major industries, the SD Mines Mining Engineering and Management MS program is known and respected around the world.
Students completing the
MS degree in Mining Engineering and Management will acquire:
- Advanced knowledge of rock mechanics and ground control;
- Advanced knowledge of engineering economics and finance as it relates to mine projects;
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, techniques, laws and methodologies related to explosives engineering;
- Expanded knowledge of the mining laws of South Dakota, surrounding states and the United States;
- Further knowledge of mine management, project management, and/or executive skills
- Advanced knowledge of mining methods and related topics.