Explore epic construction fails, landslides, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods. Learn about river ecosystems firsthand through fieldwork in Rapid Creek. Design cardboard structures that can support up to 100 pounds and build concrete beams. And get hands-on with new biotechnology that can turn waste into electricity.
Outdoor adventure awaits! Visit Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, and go hiking in the Devil's Bathtub, home to mother nature's waterslide and incredible rock formations.
Hi-tech. Hands-on. All in the beautiful Black Hills.
- Design, build, and test concrete beams
- Make a cardboard structure that can bear loads up to 100 lbs.
- Watch water flow uphill by conducting fieldwork in Rapid Creek
- See natural disasters in action
- Transform waste and wastewater into fuels and electricity