Design for Manufacturing Summer Camp
The Design for Manufacturing Summer Camp is a two-day opportunity for high school students with interest in Mechanical Engineering (ME) to get hands on experience building a CNC project of their own. A great chance for students to see if Mechanical Engineering might be their future career path. Some 3D modeling experience preferred.
What makes it great?
Participants get personal attention from Mines ME experts and use state-of-the-art equipment in SDSM&T's Haas Vertical Machining Center. Lots of camaraderie and fun with instructors and other students who share this interest.
Day 1: Instruction
- Introduction, safety, general machining
- Mastercam intro, Haas and Trak Mill intro
- Mastercam 1 - connecting rod -- Haas
- Mastercam 2 - soft-jaws and cookie-cut -- Trak
- Project Intro
Day 2: Project
- Student to develop model and code CNC for 2x3 medallion
- Post to Haas
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. -- Lunch is provided
Only 20 spots available
Grades: High School
Registration Fee: $25
For the latest information, please contact Youth Programs at: