Department of Education Program Integrity Rules
Any person may file the complaint with the Executive Director of the South Dakota Board of Regents to obtain a review and appropriate action on allegations that an institution governed by the Board:
• Violated South Dakota consumer protection laws;
• Engaged in fraud or false advertising;
• Violated South Dakota laws relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions or programs;
• Failed to provide an educational program meeting contemporary standards for content and rigor;
• Failed to assign qualified instructors; or
• Violated one or more accreditation requirements.
Where the institution has not already considered and acted upon the complaint, the Executive Director will refer the matter to the institutional president for review and action. If the complainant challenges an institutional disposition of the complaint, the Executive Director will provide for an independent review and disposition of the allegations. The Executive Director may be contacted at: The Office of the Executive Director of the South Dakota Board of Regents, 306 East Capitol Avenue, Suite 200; Pierre, South Dakota 57501-2545; Phone (605) 773-3455; firstname.lastname@example.org
Allegations involving violation of consumer protection laws may also be filed with Office of Attorney General, Division of Consumer Protection; 1302 E Hwy 14 Ste 3; Pierre SD 57501; Phone (605) 773-4400, 1-800-300-1986 (in-state only); Fax (605) 773-7163; email@example.com ; online complaint form:
Information (Contact list for Complaints About Distance Learning - .pdf) for students not residing in South Dakota who wish to file a consumer complaint.