Veterans Benefits

Establishing VA Education Benefits

Students who have never received benefits must fill out the Application for Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) to establish their eligibility. Form 22-1990 may be filled out online at

Hallie Vigil will be happy to help you fill them out, or answer any questions you may have. If you are transferring your benefits, you need to fill out VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. Once these forms are processed, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility via mail. You must provide a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to Toni in the RAS Office.

For additional information, please contact Hallie Vigil at (605) 394-2553.
VA Benefits Information
SD Department of Veterans Affairs

Office of the Registrar
and Academic Services

O'Harra Building, Room 201

Office Hours

Academic Year:
7:30 am to 4:30 pm
7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Phone: (605) 394-2400
Fax: (605) 394-1268

RAS Staff