Supplemental Instruction is peer led study sessions in established freshmen courses with a reputation of being very difficult for some students. Currently, SI is embedded in Chemistry 112 and Math 123 Calculus I. Groups meet for recitation two to three times a week.
Small Group Recitation Meetings are Available in Chemistry 112 and Calculus 1.
Study Skills Seminars
Study Skills Seminars help School of Mines students struggling with academic demands. They are held the first six weeks of the Fall semester every Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. in Classroom Building CB204. Topics include the following:
- College Success Study Skills
- Student/Professor Communication, Interaction and Relationships
- Overcoming Test Anxiety and Preparing for Tests
- Succeeding in Mines Chemistry 112
- Succeeding in Mines Math Courses
Contact: Dr. Pat Beu at (605) 394-2400 or email@example.com