How to Get Started
The benefits of studying abroad are universal. You will be inspired by the sites you will see, the people you will meet and the experiences you will have. Whether you decide to go for a year, a semester, a summer, or for just a few weeks with one of the School of Mine's short-term programs, you may earn credits toward your degree program. The Ivanhoe International Center can answer your questions and many of those answers can be found here on the Study Abroad webpages.
Want to know more?
Start planning to go abroad now!
- Complete the general information form and submit it to the Ivanhoe International Center.
The General Information Form is a MinesLink form. You will need to log into MinesLink to access this form.
- Do you have at least a 2.75 GPA?
SD Mines students must have a 2.75 GPA to qualify for study abroad.
- Review potential programs and general requirements.
You can search potential programs by department, program models, or search engines. Explore your options below.
- Talk to your department.
You can find your department contact using our Study Abroad by Department option below.
- Review a comprehensive checklist for additional information.
Online Checklist from The Center for Global Education website.
- Make the most of your international experience through this online course.
Contact the Ivanhoe International Center to register for the
Global Scholar course
Get your passport early!
Passport Information from Travel.State.gov website.
Explore study abroad experiences that are right for you using these search options.