Standard Student Checklist - Fall, 2013
Important steps to enrollment for Fall 2013 Students
[download a printed version of this information (.pdf)]
- File your 2013-2014 Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible on or after January 1, 2013. We award our limited funded programs (Perkins Loan, SEOG and Work-Study) on a first come, first served basis until program funding runs out. All other Federal Aid programs (Pell Grant, Direct Student Loan, Graduate PLUS Loan and Parent PLUS Loan) are not limited in funding and are awarded regardless of when a student files their FAFSA after January 1. Awarding to new incoming freshman begins mid-April and early June 2013 for returning and transfer students and on a rolling basis thereafter.
- Make arrangements for COMPASS placement testing (or accept your placement) and begin the course registration process (also available at Orientation as well as other locations and dates by appointment). Contact Pat Beu: (605) 394-1999, email@example.com
- Submit your course registration survey to register for courses.
- Send your final official high school and/or college transcripts to:
- Office of Admissions
501 East Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Advanced Credit: Submit AP and/or CLEP scores (if applicable).
- Submit proof of immunization.
- Save your spot at Orientation
- Football check-in and physicals - August 13, 2013
- Volleyball check-in and physicals - August 17, 2013
- Soccer check-in and physicals - August 17, 2013
- FIRST Omniciye Bridge Week - August 18-22, 2013
- International students - August 21-22, 2013
- Veterans' Orientation, August 22, 2013 (10 am - 12:00 pm - Hardrock Room)
- Transfer/Re-admitted/Non-traditional Orientation, August 22, 2013 (Thursday, either Noon or 3:00 pm EEP252)
- Fall New Student Orientation - August 23-24, 2013 (cross country athletes included in this orientation)
- Contact (605) 394-2336, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tablet PC Information
- Tablet PCs are distributed through the listed orientation programs. Be sure to sign up for and attend any of the listed orientations in order to get your Tablet PC.
- For answers to your questions about the Tablet PC program, contact Brad O'Brien: (605) 394-2215, bradley.Obrien@sdsmt.edu
- Online payment may be made via WebAdvisor using SDePay
- Get more with SDepay - view/print your eBill; sign up for a payment plan; pay your bill without standing in line by using credit card (MasterCard, Discover and American Express), eCheck or your payment plan.
- Payments may also be made at the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office in the Surbeck Center if you pay with cash or check (sorry no credit cards accepted in the Cashiers Office).
- Register for a parking permit (available July 1, 2013).
- Textbooks and Course Materials
- Course materials will be available for purchase from Mines Bookstore beginning August 1, 2013. Online payment options include all major credit cards, Grubby Gold (funds must be added to the account), or Student Charge (payment due by September 6, 2013).
- For further information about course materials as well as other services, call Mines Bookstore at (605) 394-2374 or visit www.minesbookstore.com.
- Complete Direct Sub/Unsub and/or Perkins Entrance Loan Counseling (if applicable).
- Attend a mandatory Federal Work-Study Session (if applicable).
- All students who have been awarded Federal Work-Study must attend one of the information sessions. Session times TBA.
- Bring photo ID (License or School of Mines ID and Social Security Card)
- If you want your paycheck direct deposited to a checking or savings account, bring a voided check or savings deposit slip
- For assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office: local (605) 394-2274, toll free (877) 877-6044 or email@example.com
- Move into your residence hall beginning August 22, 2013.
- Attend Welcome Week beginning August 25, 2013.
- Fall semester classes begin August 26, 2013.
- Pay your tuition and fees or make arrangements by 4 pm on September 5, 2013.
- Contact the ADA Coordinator (if applicable)
- Participate in the American Indian Omniciye Bridge Week
- Contact the Office of Admissions if you have questions:
- If you are a veteran, participate in Veterans' Orientation:
- Participate in International Student Orientation:
Contact the Ivanhoe International Center if you have questions: