Standard Student Checklist - Spring, 2014
Important steps to enrollment for Spring, 2014 Students
[download a printed version of this information (pdf)]
- If you have not done so already, submit your 2013-2014 Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible.
- If you have not already done so, send your final (with graduation date) high school and/or college transcript(s) to:
- Office of Admissions
501 East Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Advanced Credit: Submit AP and/or CLEP scores (if applicable)
- Submit proof of immunizations as soon as possible (Two MMR's are required; courses will be dropped if not in compliance once the semester begins).
- Make arrangements for COMPASS placement testing (or accept your placement).
- New Student and Transfer Student Orientation and Tablet PC Orientation
- New Student Registration -- Registrar and Academic Services (RAS) will correspond with all newly-admitted students regarding the spring registration process. Please refer to this correspondence for more detailed information or contact Registrar and Academic Services: (605) 394-2400
- Since there is no longer a scheduled “Registration Day” per se, please contact the RAS any time before the semester begins or before the drop/add period ends (January 22, 2014) for help with registration questions/issues.
- Need your WebAdvisor ID and Password? Stop by the RAS Office in O'Harra, Room 201. Photo identification is required.
- Complete the 2014 Spring Attendance Confirmation available on the student menu in WebAdvisor. If you do not complete this verification form before the deadline of 4:30 p.m. on January 17, 2014, you may be dropped from your classes.
- Online payment (due 4 pm on January 23, 2014) can be made via WebAdvisor using SDePay.
- Get more with SDepay – view/print your eBill; sign up for a payment plan; pay your bill without standing in line. You may use credit card (MasterCard, Discover and American Express), eCheck or your payment plan.
- Payments may also be made at the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office in the Surbeck Center if you pay with cash or check (sorry no credit cards accepted in the Cashiers Office).
- Register for a parking permit.
- Complete Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized and/or Perkins Entrance Loan Counseling (if applicable)
- Spring semester classes begin Monday, January 13th, 2014 at 8 a.m.
- Contact the ADA Coordinator (if applicable)
- Participate in the Multicultural Welcome Activities
- Participate in International Student Orientation
- Orientation Thursday, January 9, 2014, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Friday, January 10, 2014, 9 a.m. - Noon in McKeel Room, Surbeck Center
- Contact the Ivanhoe International Center (if applicable)
Ivanhoe International Center, (605) 394-6884; Ivanhoe@sdsmt.edu
- If you are a veteran, participate in Veterans' Orientation
- Orientation Thursday, January 9, 2014, 10 a.m.–noon, Veterans’ Resource Center
- **Veterans attending this orientation will receive their Tablet PC directly after the session.**
- Contact the Veterans Resource Center (if applicable): (605) 394-2560 Catherine.Payne@sdsmt.edu