Standard Student Checklist - Spring, 2015
Important steps to enrollment for Spring, 2015
[download a printed version of this information (pdf)]
- File your 2014-2015 Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. We award our limited funded programs (Perkins Loan, SEOG and Work-Study) on a first come, first served basis until program funding runs out. All other Federal Aid programs (Pell Grant, Direct Student Loan, Graduate PLUS Loan and Parent PLUS Loan) are not limited in funding and are awarded regardless of when a student files their FAFSA.
- Make arrangements for COMPASS placement testing (or accept your placement) and begin the course registration process (also available at Orientation as well as other locations and dates by appointment). Contact the Registrar and Academic Services Office (RAS): (605) 394-2400.
- Contact the Registrar and Academic Services Office to register for courses.
- Send your final official high school (with graduation date) and/or college transcripts to:
- Office of Admissions
501 East Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Advanced Credit: Submit AP and/or CLEP scores (if applicable).
- Submit proof of immunization.
- Save your spot at Orientation
- International students - Orientation Thursday, January 8, 2015, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, and Friday, January 9, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm in the Bump Room, Surbeck Center
- Veterans' Orientation, January 8, 2015 (10 am - 12:00 pm - Veterans Resource Center, Surbeck Center) Click here to register online today.
- Transfer/Re-admitted/Non-traditional Orientation - Sunday, January 11 (12-3:00 pm), EEP 252 & 254: Click here to register online today.
- Spring 2015 New Student Orientation - Sunday, January 11: Click here to register online today.
- Contact (605) 394-2336, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tablet PC Information
- Tablet PCs are distributed through the listed orientation programs. Be sure to sign up for and attend any of the listed orientations in order to get your Tablet PC.
- For answers to your questions about the Tablet PC program, contact Brad O'Brien: (605) 394-2215, Bradley.Obrien@sdsmt.edu
- Online payment may be made via WebAdvisor using SDePay
- Get more with SDepay - view/print your eBill; sign up for a payment plan; pay your bill without standing in line by using credit or debit card (you will be charged a 2.75% service fee when using a card), Echeck or your payment plan.
- Payments may also be made at the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office in the Surbeck Center if you pay with cash or check (sorry no credit cards accepted in the Cashiers Office).
- Register for a parking permit.
- Textbooks and Course Materials
- Course materials will be available for purchase online from the Mines Bookstore beginning December 29, 2014. In-store availability will be early January, 2015. Online payment options include all major credit cards as well as the EZ Short-Term Bookstore Loan. EZ Loan payment is due by the same date as all other University billings. Most students are eligible for the EZ Loan payment option and it is automatically made available to them to use if they wish.
- Mines Bookstore offers the best combination of convenience, price, selection, and service to students for their course material needs.
- For further information about course materials, payment options, and other services, please call Mines Bookstore at (605) 394-2374 or visit the store website at www.minesbookstore.com.
- Complete Direct Sub/Unsub and/or Perkins Entrance Loan Counseling (if applicable).
- FERPA Privacy Act
- No account information can be given to non-students unless the “Release of Information” authorization form, account information section has been signed. This form is required to be signed every year.
- FERPA Information Release Form
- Move into your residence hall. Date: Saturday, January 10 (Noon to 5:00 pm)
- Fall semester classes begin January 12, 2015.
- Pay your tuition and fees or make arrangements by 4 pm on January 22, 2015.