Financial Aid Award Notification: Accept/Reject Financial Aid
Based upon your meeting the appropriate program eligibility requirements, your Financial Aid Award Notification lists the financial aid (grants, loans, work-study, scholarships, outside assistance you have already informed us of, etc.) you have been awarded for attendance at the School of Mines.
Beginning in 2012, SDSM&T ceased issuing paper Financial Aid Award Letters. Instead, students are now able to log into WebAdvisor and accept or reject financial aid awards. Please review the instructions below.
- Log into WebAdvisor
- Select Student to view the Student Menu
- On the lower left side of the Student Menu page, under the Financial Aid heading, select Accept or Reject my Financial Aid Awards.
- On the next page, select the appropriate academic year
- For Choose University, select the School of Mines from the drop-down menu
- Please carefully read the information preceding the aid listing.
- Once you have accepted all, rejected all, or accepted/rejected a combination of your aid award, review the statement at the bottom of the screen and click on the check box before that statement and then submit.
- You will be presented with a confirmation page and a confirmation email will be sent to your SDSM&T email account.
- After you have completed the accept/reject process, you must complete and submit the online Financial Aid Additional Information Form.
We no longer process paper Financial Aid Award Letters. However, if you need to have a paper copy for your records, you can select FA Award Letter under the Financial Aid heading of the Student Menu in WebAdvisor. The information on the Award Letter is generated in real time when you access your record. There is no way to retrieve an award letter that may have been generated at an earlier time.