Scholarship Information for Students who are not Incoming Freshmen

Current Students

For SDSM&T non-departmental scholarships awarded for the 2014-2015 school year (awards for 2013-2014 have already been determined), current students enrolled at the School of Mines will be required to complete a brief on-line scholarship application. This application will be made available prior to the start of the spring semester (look for announcements mid-fall semester) and will have a submission deadline of mid-night December 31 each year for the following academic year (i.e. December 31, 2015 for the 2016 - 2017 academic year).

Further information will be made available to students via their Mines e-mail account (and possible other means such as the electronic bulletin board in Surbeck, posters around campus, etc.) prior to the application being available. Students who do not complete the application may be disqualified from being considered for any type of SDSM&T non-departmental scholarship available for continuing students at the School of Mines for the 2014-2015 school year.

Transfer Students

Transfer students are advised to contact the department from which they plan to pursue their degree at the School of Mines. Their department will be able to provide information on funds available and the process for obtaining scholarship consideration.

International Students

International Students are advised to contact the Graduate Education Office or the department at SDSM&T that they will be receiving their degree from for information regarding possible financial assistance. You might also want to look into the possible sources of scholarship and fellowship assistance that may be available through on-line sites such as eduPASS or International Scholarships On-line for assistance outside SDSM&T.

Military or Veteran Students, or Dependent Children of Veterans

Find a comprehensive list of scholarships available to Military/Veterans on our Veteran Resource Center’s Scholarship page.