Information about Housing and Dining Services

Several hundred students call SDSM&T residence halls and apartments home while pursuing their education at the School of Mines.  To keep pace with our increasing enrollment, in August of 2012 a new privately-owned apartment complex, Rocker Square, was opened. You can find detailed information on housing options at our ResLife website.  You'll find photos, room dimensions, the ResLife Handbook, housing application form, and more. 

Girl in Residence Hall RoomUndergraduate students are assigned to a room with roommates based on the information provided in the housing application. Housing applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with a preferred deadline of May 15. House assignments will be emailed to all new students via their Mines email address in mid-June. More information on residence life and housing application are available on the Residence Life website:

The Mines Dining Services website (Campus Dish), available at, has information on dining on campus, including meal plans and costs.