Information for High School Seniors
Choosing the right college can seem like a formidable task. That's why we encourage everyone to get started early and to contact (or even stop by and visit) the Admissions Office at the School of Mines. We'll do everything we can to help you through the process.
The School of Mines provides exceptional education in engineering, science, and mathematics. Our undergraduate students need to come to the university adequately prepared, so review the Educational Requirements listed on our Admissions Requirements for Bacculaureate Degree Programs webpage.
Things to do during your senior year in high school:
- Continue college prep courses
- Retake the ACT or SAT if necessary
- Meet with admissions counselors
- Apply and be admitted to the School of Mines before February 1 to meet the scholarship deadline
- Visit campus (arrange a personal visit or attend a Go To Mines Open House*) if you haven't done so already
- Apply for Financial Aid by submitting your FAFSA before the March 15 priority awarding deadline
- Use the New Student Checklist to get everything done you need to in order to start in the fall
* A great way to get acquainted with our campus is to attend a "Go To Mines" Open House -- you'll get a comprehensive tour of the campus, meet faculty members from all the departments, get all your questions answered by the Admissions team, and meet other prospective Mines students and parents. We hope to see you at Go To Mines.