Financial Aid/Scholarship Information for International Students

Financial Assistance for international students is not awarded through the financial aid office at SDSM&T. International students are advised to contact the graduate education office (for graduate applicants/students) or the department at SDSM&T that they will be receiving their degree from for information regarding possible financial assistance.

Undergraduate Applicants/Students:

Financial aid and scholarships are more limited for international students. International students are NOT eligible for SDSM&T or federal loan programs and should not apply for such financial assistance. They may seek scholarship opportunities, but  should be aware that many scholarships are limited to US citizens or permanent residents. SDSM&T does not offer scholarships specifically for international students. You must be ADMITTED by February 1 of the year you are planning to enroll in the fall semester if you wish to be considered for scholarships. Scholarships are only awarded for a start date of the fall semester.

The following websites offer information on financial assistance for international students:  (PLEASE NOTE:  Insurance from this site is not acceptable to meet SD Board of Regents requirements. See health insurance information here.)

The information provided in the websites listed above is offered through independent sources and is not controlled by the School of Mines.

Graduate Applicants/Students:

International students are eligible for graduate assistantships.  All decisions regarding financial assistance are made in the academic departments, so please contact your department directly.

If more assistance is needed, please contact the Ivanhoe International Center at the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology:

Ivanhoe International Center
501 East Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995
Telephone: (605) 394-6884
Fax: (605) 394-6883