Resident Assistant and Residential Peer Mentor Application Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Resident Assistant or Residential Peer Mentor! The application process for the 2016-2017 academic year will begin in January -- look for complete information below.
Resident Assistant (RA) Application Information & Important Dates
RAs are vital members of the Residence Life staff. Each living community has an RA to ensure we create positive, healthy communities where students can live, learn, and thrive. RA selection is an in-depth process to ensure we hire the best RAs we can; through our selection process, we aim to hire students who will commit themselves to their communities, to their residents, and to our University. A complete job description is available online here.
RA Selection Timeline
- Wednesday, Jan. 13 (8pm): RA Information Session I, CB203
- Thursday, Jan. 14 (8pm): RA Information Session II, CB203
- Friday, Jan. 15: Online RA Application available here
- Wednesday, Feb. 3 (5pm): RA Applications Due
- Thursday, Feb. 11 (7-9pm): Mandatory Group Interview Process, Surbeck Center
- Feb. 16-22: Individual Interviews
- Feb. 24: Candidate Notification
Resident Peer Mentor (RPM) Application Information & Important Dates
The Residential Peer Mentor (RPM) serves as an important academic resource to their assigned residential community by providing tutoring, mentoring, and academic activities. The RPM jointly reports to the Tech Learning Center (TLC) and to the Residence Life Office. RPMs are assigned to the Connolly/Palmerton community and the Peterson community. RPM selection is a competitive process that aims to hire students who are passionate about helping peers succeed and passionate about our University. A complete job description is available online here.
RPM Selection Timeline
- Monday, Feb. 8: Online RPM Applications available here
- Friday, Feb. 26: RPM Applications Due
- Tuesday, March 1: Interviews