Summer Crew provides maintenance and painting to the residence halls during the summer months. In addition, the summer crew provides support to Summer Conferencing by preparing rooms for summer occupancy and staffing evenings/weekends at the Surbeck Desk. Summer Crew members may participate in 24-hour on-call duty rotation all summer. Flexible hours are possible to accommodate summer classes; summer crew members must be able to work the entire summer.
Complete information on the hiring process is available on the Employment page.
Projects Summer Crew work on include, but are not limited to:
- General maintenance in all residence halls and apartments
- Cleaning of summer guest housing
- Conference room set-ups
- Staffing the Surbeck main desk
- Assisting as needed throughout Surbeck Center
- Other duties as assigned
This is a student employment position. Verification of student status is required. Strong teamwork and communication skills are needed. Knowledge of painting and general maintenance is preferred. Summer Crew members must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 20 lbs. Candidates must pass background check to be employed.
Summer Crew Staff must be able to work: May 12, 2014 through August 20, 2014.
- Possibility of flexible hours in order to accommodate class schedules, based on needs of Residence Life and Summer Conferencing
- Paid starting hourly rate of $8 per hour, full-time 40 hours per week
- Free housing possible in residence hall, if participating in duty rotation all summer and working full-time