Rocker Square I Apartments
Rocker Square I opened in 2012 and is a loft-style building that features exposed ceilings and stained cement floors to give the building an industrial feel. Home to 116 residents, Rocker Square I also features a group study room and easy access to Einstein Bagels (located on the 1st floor). Residents are required to have a meal plan, including the option of selecting the all-flex low-cost Rocker Square plan. Apartments are primarily units with 4 single bedrooms with some units having 3-single bedrooms and some units having 2-single bedrooms.
Rocker Square I is reserved for upperclass students--Juniors, Seniors and Graduate Students. As upperclass housing, alcohol will be allowed for those students who are 21 and older, in accordance with local and state laws -- residents should consult the Residence Life Handbook for complete alcohol procedures and information.
Features of Rocker Square I include:
- Gender-Inclusive housing options
- Free laundry in each unit
- Wireless Internet Access
- Cable Television
- Furnished living rooms with couch, loveseat, tables, and television
- Furnished bedrooms with full-sized bed, dresser, desk/chair
- Kitchen with full-sized refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher plus bar seating
- 4-bedroom units include 2 full bathrooms. 3-bedroom and 2-bedroom units include 1 full bathroom.
- Parking available in yellow parking lots (around Rocker I, Rocker II, and Placer) or in main campus lots (Red parking). The Rocker Square yellow parking permit is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis starting July 1 (through Parking Services).
- Mail and packages will be delivered to Surbeck Mailroom. Students will be assigned a campus mailbox.
- 2 Resident Assistants, 1 Assistant Area Coordinator, and 1 Area Coordinator
Rocker Square I 4-Room Apartment
Average Size 1240 square feet
Average Living Room 11'x 7'
Average Bedroom 10' x 7'
* Please Note: Floorplans vary widely for Rocker Square apartments. These measurements and plans are examples for your reference. Exact sizes vary depending on unit and bedroom. 2-bedrom and 3-bedroom units have apartment layouts similar to 4-bedroom unit, with an average of 850 square feet per apartment.
Take a Tour!
Click through our slideshow to learn more about Rocker Square I Apartments.