What Should I Bring? What
Can't I Bring? What is Provided?
Items Provided in Each Residence Hall Room
- 1 bed per person: Mattresses
in our residence halls (except Rocker Square I) are extra-long (36”x80”).
Rocker Square I mattresses are full-size.
Life has partnered with Residence Hall Linens to provide our students with a
convenient, affordable way to purchase extra-long sheets and bedding items
(full-size items are also available) and many other
campus-living necessities. Proceeds from this program go to Residence Life and are used for programming in the residence halls. Order online by visiting the
- A lofting/bunking kit is provided in Peterson, Connolly, and Palmerton Halls. Beds are loftable in Placer Hall with provided frames. No other lofting or bunking kits are allowed.
- Dresser and drawer space for personal items and clothing
- Wardrobe or closet
- Desk and desk chair
- Window blinds/curtains
- Bike Racks are located outside of each residence hall. Bikes storage is not permitted inside the buildings and will be removed from stairways and other public areas.
- Online bike registration is encouraged and
available here. Registration is free and provides each bike with an ID sticker for the frame.
- U-Lock (or similar) bike locks are recommended and available for purchase from the University Bookstore. We do not recommend chain locks - these can be cut easily and are not secure.
- Bikes must be removed over the summer; bikes remaining on campus will be removed and donated
- Cable TV and Internet
- Placer, Peterson, Palmerton, and Connolly have wired and wireless internet access. More information, including registering gaming devices, is available through
- Rocker Square I has wireless internet. Rocker Square II has wired internet.
- All buildings are provided with Cable TV
- Rocker Square I and Rocker Square II have a variety of additional items, visit the Rocker Square website for additional details
To Consider Bringing to Campus
Before deciding on what to bring to campus, we recommend coordinating with your roommate. Many of the below items may be shared, based on roommate preferences.
- Room Carpeting
- We recommend purchasing carpet once the room is viewed in person and personal items are taken into account for best measurements
- TV and DVD Player
- One mini-fridge per person is allowed, up to 6.0 cubic feet
- One microwave per room is allowed. Microwaves are also available in community kitchens.
- Alarm Clock
- Surge Protectors
- Note: Extension Cords can not be used in the residence halls. We recommend surge protectors with extra-long cords.
- Toilet Plunger and Toilet Bowl Brush/Cleaner (if living in a room with your own bathroom)
- Wastebasket, recycling container, and trash bags
- Clothes hangers
- Personal toiletry items
- Electric iron with auto shut-off
- Hair dryer
- Drink cups/mugs, plates, and flatware
- Water Bottle
- Desk Lamp
- Kitchen supplies: chip clips, can opener, pizza cutter, dish soap/towels, paper
towel, and storage bags
- Laundry Supplies, including clothes basket/hamper
- Cleaning supplies, including a broom/dustpan, small vacuum, and disinfecting
- Message Board
- Laptop Lock and Safe
- Blue Painters Tape to hang items on walls
- Insurance Information (health and renters)
Not to Bring
- Nails, Poster Putty, etc. (use blue painters tape!)
- Hot plates, Foreman Grills, toasters, or other cooking items with exposed coils
(these items can be used only in our approved kitchens)
- Halogen Lights
- Extension Cords
- Drugs or alcohol
- Pets (fish in a small tank, under 10 gallons, are allowed)
- Any illegal or illegally-obtained item
- Weapons of any kind