May Move-Out 2017
All residential housing closes Saturday, May 6 at 12noon. Graduating Seniors living in campus housing have an automatic extension through Sunday, May 7, 5pm to accommodate commencement activities. Residents must vacate housing 24-hours after their last final or by this date, whichever occurs first. Students who need to stay late must complete the
online Late Stay Application by April 28, 8am. Please remember housing is not guaranteed until Residence Life confirms availability and acceptance of applications - late stay housing is available until May 9 only.
A checklist will be placed on all resident doors that outlines specific items that must be done before leaving for the year. Please refer to this checklist for specific items in your residence hall. In general, all students must return their rooms to move-in condition and ensure the following is done before leaving for break:
- Return beds to unbunked/unlofted position. In Connolly - return to bunked position. In Placer - return to height bed was found
- Ensuite Bathrooms: Clean shower, toilet, sink to move-in condition
- Ensure all University furniture is in room
- Remove all personal belongings and personal furniture
- Set thermostat to 70 degrees and 'auto'
- Remove all trash and recycling
- Donate unwanted items
- Clean room: Dust, Sweep, Mop, etc. to return room to clean condition
- Close and lock all windows
- Close drapes/blinds
- Turn-off all lights
- Lock doors
- Return rented books to Rocker Shop
- Rocker Square Residents: Refer to detailed checklist to ensure all items are cleaned - paying particular attention to oven, stove, microwave, refrigerator, and shower
Note: Any room damage, not returning your room to move-in condition, or improper check-outs will result in fines.
All students must check-out using one of the below options.
Bikes on Campus:
- Express Check-Out: Connolly, Palmerton, Placer, and Peterson residents will automatically receive "Express Check-Out." Residents must return room to move-in condition and complete the checklist on their door. After they move-out, Residence Life will inspect rooms. Rocker Square residents must sign the "Express Check-Out" envelope on their door and return all keys and cards to the Residence Life office. After move-out, Residence Life will inspect rooms.
- Area Coordinator Check-Out: Residents may request Area Coordinator Check-Out by contacting their AC by May 3. These check-outs must occur after the resident has removed all items from their room to allow for a complete inspection. During the AC Check-out, staff and resident will review the RCR and collect all keys/cards.
All bikes must be removed for the summer. Bikes left on campus will be removed and donated. Students staying on campus for summer school must move bikes to Placer or Surbeck bike racks.
Mail Forwarding: Mail will automatically be forwarded to the home address on file. If another address is desired, visit the
Mail Forwarding Website
Summer Housing: More information on summer housing is available by visiting the
Summer Housing Website
Donating Unwanted Items: Donation bins from Feeding South Dakota and Salvation Army will be placed in each Residential area April 28 through May 6. Students are encouraged to donate items in these bins -- look for fliers around campus about items accepted.