You may submit your preference for a committee, however, the executive board will ultimately decide:
- Runs and lines up the bi-weekly meetings
- Main point of contact for the team
- Work to look for sponsorship
- Ensure all committees work closely together and utilize effective communication skills
- Oversee the overall functioning of the team to assure continuous quality improvement while advancing the team's mission
Vice President (also the Community Involvement Coordinator)
- Acts as President in the President's absence
- Main point of contact for community involvement.
- Organize events such as United Way Day of Caring and MLK Day of Service.
- Expand campus-wide community service and civic engagement efforts.
- Serve on the community outreach committee
- Main point of contact for all budget requests for the team
- Responsibly manage the team's finances
- Keep track of the team's budget and report out at each meeting
- Maintain meeting notes and ensure effective communication between group members
- Work with the advisor to ensure continuous leadership and professional development training for the team at each bi-weekly meeting.
- Coordinate retreats/conferences. Line up location, schedule, logistics, speakers, and break-out sessions.
- 1 retreat in the Fall focused on leadership
- 1 in Spring focused on professional development
- Set up workshops, trainings, or speakers on campus in relation to Mines Advantage
- Organize leadership awards ceremony and banquet
- Continually work to advance the curriculum- to keep it up to date and relevant
- Work closely with the Directors of Student Affairs, CAMP, and all
faculty/staff to keep a focus on the advancement of Mines Advantage
- Provide assistance with CollegiateLink software during the implementation phases
- Assist with verification of experiences for students going through Mines Advantage
- Determine and be responsible for incentives for students going through Mines Advantage
- Further develop, enhance and promote program offerings in the 6 core competency areas
- Assist with assessment of the Mines Advantage program, ensuring continuous quality improvement (will not be immediate)
- Work with student organizations, Leadership Rapid City, and other
campus or community groups by volunteering or providing professional
- Assist the Vice President with Community Involvement efforts on and off-campus
- Help maintain the Mines Advantage website, social media, advertising and promotion
- Work closely with University Relations (short-term-- logo, news release)
- Encourage and promote student involvement and professional development campus-wide by talking to classes or various groups
- Knowledge and promotion of CollegiateLink software