How to Join
- Students must be nominated by faculty or staff to be a part of the Professional Development Institute. Nominations are received in February or March each year.
- Nominated students will be asked to submit their résumé if interested in joining. Résumés will then be reviewed and students will be interviewed by a panel of faculty and staff.
Qualified students should be:
- Existing student leaders
- Exceptional team members, effective at collaboration and conflict resolution
- Respectful and appreciative of human differences
- Dedicated to community involvement and civic engagement
- Strong in their sense of identity and personal development
- Ethical in their decision-making
- Experienced with research/internships/co-ops or career planning
- Positive role models and mentors
- Students with a strong academic record
- Full-time SDSMT students, undergraduate or graduate