Co-ops and Internships
All School of Mines students are encouraged to obtain relevant work or research experiences prior to graduation. Co-ops and internships provide students with opportunities to combine classroom studies with relevant work experiences in industry. Students may gain academic credit for their co-op or internship experience with approval from their academic department.
- Gain valuable work experience.
- Confirm or refocus your career choice.
- Increase your competitive edge for full-time employment with higher starting salaries.
- Develop communication and teamwork skills.
- Earn money to help pay for your college degree.
- Enhance your development as an emerging professional.
- Obtain academic credit
Co-op Student Checklist
Learn More > Co-op/Internship brochure or Internships and Co-ops Career Guide