Student Health Services and Benefits
Health services, which includes medical treatment in the student health office or at a referred service provider is available to all students who pay the health fee at registration each semester.
Student Health Center
Surbeck Center (down the hall from the bookstore)
Enrolled summer school students may receive services at the Regional Urgent Care at 2201 Jackson Boulevard. For an appointment, call: (605) 755-2273. Summer school students who seek services need to be sure and identify themselves as a currently enrolled student at SDSM&T; your current summer enrollment status will be verified with a school official. There will be no charges for same services provided at the campus Student Health location; if additional services are needed, charges will apply (see #4 above). During the summer, if you are not enrolled for courses, you will be assessed standard Regional Urgent Care fees.
- Stop in or call for an appointment during office hours: (605) 394-2354.
- Student health services are provided by Regional Urgent Care. Caring staff are available to help you with your healthcare needs when you are sick or just need some medical advice. The goal of the Regional Urgent Care staff is to provide you with quality care and they appreciate any comments you may have. Please feel free to ask questions.
- Students may be seen for routine and acute medical care which can reasonably be performed at the student health office. There is no charge for this.
- Students may be referred to Regional Urgent Care for services not covered at the student health office. You will be charged for these services with a discount after insurance pays. The staff at Regional Urgent Care will file any health insurance you may have.
- Limited on-site laboratory services will be provided at no charge to students.
- Medicap Pharmacy (located at 339 St. Patrick) offers discounts on generic prescriptions for School of Mines students.
- Allergy shots are provided at no charge (students must provide their own serum).
- Services not covered: obstetric care, major lacerations, fracture care requiring splinting or casting, ace wraps, lab work (except strep screen and urine dip stick), x-ray, medications not supplied, care needing further evaluation, and hospitalization.
- During the academic year when school is in session and the student health office is closed, you may call Regional Urgent Care at (605) 755-2273, 2201 Jackson Boulevard. Please tell them that you are a student at SDSM&T. You will be charged for these services, including the office visit, with a discount after insurance pays. The staff at Regional Urgent Care will file any health insurance you may have.
- For life threatening emergencies please call 911 or go to Rapid City Regional Hospital located at 353 Fairmont Blvd., on the corner of 5th Street and Fairmont.
Health Center hours when school is in session (fall and spring semesters)
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9pm - 12pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 12pm - 3 pm