The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Veterans Club was established with the main focus of assisting South Dakota School of Mines and Technology students with any military affiliation, including veterans, family of veterans, active and reserve military students, and family and friends of deployed students.
SDSM&T Veterans Club is a chartered member of the Student Veterans of America
- Student Veterans of America (SVA) is a national coalition of military veterans in higher education.
- SVA consists of 330+ member chapters on college campuses in 47 states in addition to DC.
- The vision of SVA is to ensure yesterday’s warriors become today’s scholars and tomorrow’s leaders.
- CNN Home and Away Iraq and Afghanistan War Casualties
- Now you can join us on Facebook
The Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Seven Seals Award was presented to SDSM&T. The ESGR Seven Seals Award is presented to an individual or organization that has made significant contribution towards the ESGR mission. ESGR is a Department of Defense volunteer agency that seeks to promote a culture in which all American employers support and value the military service of their employees. ESGR recognizes outstanding support, increases awareness of the law, and resolves conflicts through informal mediation. This is the first time this award has been given to an organization.
To request information about the School of Mines Veteran's Club, please contact:
Veterans Club Staff Advisor
Dean of Students Office
501 E St Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701