Event Planning Checklist
Prepare an initial outline for your conference. Determine
what your needs will be:
- What dates will work best? Are
there any other major events scheduled at that time?
- Determine the number of
participants – What size rooms will you need?
- What is the type of meeting – What room arrangement will work best?
- What support services will you
- Determine your budget
To ensure availability of resources, make initial contact with
the Surbeck Scheduling early in your event planning.
SCHEDULING YOUR EVENT
Submit the "Reservation Request" to email@example.com or the Surbeck Center's main office with all information
Day(s), date(s), times
(starting & ending) of the event/activity
- Number of persons attending (a
guarantee may be required)
- Title/purpose of event
(meeting, conference, luncheon, banquet, etc.)
- Name, address & telephone
number of the contact person (person responsible for the event)
- Room requirements (size,
location, furniture arrangement, and functionality or purpose)
- Parking needs
- Support Services – meals, refreshments, A/V needs, technical support, etc.
- Special needs – access,
- Method of payment
- Confirm that your reservation has been scheduled to
- Contact Surbeck scheduling staff regarding any
changes, corrections, or additions to your reservation
- Continue to review and update all arrangements with
Surbeck scheduling staff as needed (final information required 14
working days prior to the start of your event.)
- Schedule a planning meeting with Surbeck scheduling
staff – Large and/or multiple-date or -service event arrangements
can more easily be discussed/reviewed in person.
- Provide final counts to Surbeck scheduling staff
(guarantee may be adjusted by 5% 48 hours prior to event start
Prior to the start time of your event, arrange to walk through
various locations of activities and check for last minute problems
or changes that may need to be made.
Once your request is confirmed, Surbeck Scheduling provides
necessary information to the appropriate resource providing
departments. Following your event, Surbeck Scheduling
processes all paperwork and associated invoices/payments.
AFTER YOUR EVENT
- Conduct post
inspections of areas used to be sure program materials have been
removed and participants have not left any items behind.
- Complete the
Surbeck scheduling staff evaluation form & return to the Surbeck
outstanding bills and complete any documentation required to
finalize processing (support sheet).
HAVE A GREAT EVENT!