Visit Our Campus
One of the best ways you'll know that the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is the right choice for you is to visit.
Tour campus, talk to students, meet a professor or two in your field of interest, and experience the campus and Rapid City.
From the East - Go west on I-90 to Exit 57, continue south on West Boulevard I-190 to St. Joseph Street (one way). Turn left (east) through downtown and turn right onto campus at the second entrance (just before O'Harra Stadium).
- From the West - Go east on I-90 to Exit 57. Proceed south on West Boulevard I-190 to St. Joseph Street, turn left (one way) through downtown area, and turn right onto campus at the entrance after the main parking area.
- From the South (Route 16) - north into Rapid City to St. Joseph Street (one way) turn right. Proceed to second campus entrance before stadium.
- From the West (Route 44) - proceed east (Jackson Blvd) to Main Street. Turn right on Main for 1/4 mile until it divides and becomes St. Joseph Street (one way). Go to second campus entrance.
- From the East (Route 44) - proceed west on Route 44 to St. Patrick Street [just past overpass]and turn left. Travel on St. Patrick Street to St. Joseph Street and turn right (north). Go 1/2 mile and turn left at the entrance directly past the stadium.
- From the South (Route 79) - Go north, take downtown exit to St. Joseph Street. Follow St. Joseph for 1/2 mile. Turn left at the entrance directly past O'Harra stadium.
Rapid City Regional Airport is served by Allegiant, Delta Airlines, Frontier, and United Airlines.
The School of Mines is approximately 7 miles from the airport. Use the From the East (Route 44) directions to campus.
GO TO MINES Events
Attending a Go To Mines Open House is a great way to learn about SDSM&T. Prospective students and their families are invited to attend a day of workshops and activities on the School of Mines campus.
or call toll-free at (877) 877-6044. For a schedule of GTM events or to find more information, go to our
GO TO MINES webpage.
Personalized Visits - Come See for Yourself!
In addition to special visit events such as
GO TO MINES, you can
schedule a visit weekday mornings or afternoons (9:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m.*) or by special appointment at many other times. An admissions professional will be available to answer your questions about the application process and about our engineering and science programs. You can also meet with a financial aid counselor, a member of the faculty, and tour campus with a student ambassador to observe students and faculty members working together on research.
Schedule your visit
online or contact the Admissions Office at (605) 394-2414 or toll-free at (877) 877-6044. or e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also
online chat with Admissions.
If you can't visit, maybe Mines can come to you. Our Admissions Counselors attend many college fairs each year and maybe one is close to where you live. Check out our
travel schedule to see.