Tablet PC Loaners
Faculty/Staff may borrow a computer from Tablet Central for travel purposes and/or guests at no cost.
Here are some rules to follow when borrowing a computer:
- Please give at least 48 hours' notice between notification and picking up the computer. We need that time to get the computer ready.
- Please be prepared to spend up to 15 minutes with us at the time of computer pickup.
- Please have an idea about how long you are going to need it.
- Please return it promptly when you say you are.
- Please make sure you if put any files on the computer you remove them before you return the borrowed Tablet. Tablet Central will not save personal files on loaner Tablet PCs nor guarantee that you files will remain on the borrowed Tablet after you turn it in.
Replacement of older computers
In an attempt to help the different departments on campus with failing computers Tablet Central will allow faculty to use one of our loaner tablets for a thirty day period, allowing their department time to order replacement machines.
We are recommending that departments order a new machine for all but minor problems since there would be no warranty after replacing parts on the old machine, but of course, that is always a budget issue. Below is the link for the standard computers to order.
If you are having problems with your tablet here is an outline of the recommended steps that should be taken to get a working machine in your hands.
- Come to tablet central with your tablet and have the Tablet Central Staff help diagnose the issue.
- If the computer is unusable we will give you a loaner computer for a 30 day period. We will also work with you to get your files moved over to the new machine to make the transition as seamless as possible.
- Order parts for you existing machine, or preferably order a new machine.
- For help with ordering the new machine you can contact Neal Hodges, EEP 123 (605)394-1298 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return the loaner computer within the 30 day period.