The Design for Manufacturing Summer Camp is a two-day opportunity for high school students with interest in Mechanical Engineering (ME) to get hands on experience building a CNC project of their own. A great chance for students to see if Mechanical Engineering might be their future career path.
What makes it great?
Participants get personal attention from Mines ME experts and use state-of-the-art equipment in SDSM&T's Haas Vertical Machining Center. Lots of camaraderie and fun with instructors and other students who share this interest.
Day 1: Instruction
- Introduction, safety, general machining
- Mastercam intro, Haas and Trak Mill intro
- Mastercam 1 - connecting rod -- Haas
- Mastercam 2 - soft-jaws and cookie-cut -- Trak
- Project Intro
Day 2: Project
- Student to develop model and code CNC for 2x3 medallion
- Post to Haas
Date: July 9-10, 2014
Time: 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Only 20 spots available
Grades: High School
Registration Fee: $25