RAPID CITY, S.D. (Oct. 22, 2012) – The South Dakota School of Mines & Technology will host the 52nd annual Family Weekend Nov. 2-3, offering families the opportunity to visit their students, meet faculty, staff and other parents and experience campus life firsthand.
The student drama club will showcase “Receptions,” its fall production, Friday evening, and the Hardrocker football and volleyball teams are slated to play Saturday, among a host of other activities.
The public is invited to attend and no RSVP is required. For more information, contact the Student Activities and Leadership Center at 605-394-2336 or SALC@sdsmt.edu.
The schedule includes:
Friday, Nov. 2
• President’s reception, 3:30-4:30 p.m. (Music Center)
• SDSM&T Drama Club production, 8 p.m. (Surbeck Center, Ballroom)
Saturday, Nov. 3
• Family and student support staff meet and greet, 9-10 a.m. (Surbeck Center, Bump Lounge)
• Hardrock Club tailgate, 11:30-1 p.m. (O’Harra Stadium)
• Football game: Hardrockers vs. Nebraska Kearney Lopers, 1 p.m. (O’Harra Stadium)
• Volleyball game: Lady Hardrockers vs. Jamestown Jimmies, 7 p.m. (King Center, Goodell Gymnasium)
If You Go
What: Family Weekend
When: Friday, Nov. 2, and Saturday, Nov. 3
Why: Visit your student, meet faculty and staff, and see campus life firsthand