RAPID CITY, S.D. (July 16, 2013) - The South Dakota School of Mines & Technology will host Go To Mines on Saturday, July 20, for high school students exploring their college options.
The event hosts high school students of all ages, particularly juniors and seniors, as well as their parents, who get to know the university's engineering and science curriculum and research projects. They will also have the chance to view residence halls and explore campus. Current Mines students, faculty and staff will be available to provide insider tips about campus life, the application process, scholarships and financial aid.
The next Go To Mines events are set for Oct. 19 and Nov. 9.
Pre-registration is encouraged but not required. Prospective students and their families may pre-register at www.gotomines.com/visit.
The day's schedule includes:
- Registration: 8:30 a.m. (Surbeck Center)
- Welcome session: 9 a.m. (Surbeck Ballroom)
- Information fair: 9:45 a.m. (Surbeck Center)
- Department open houses: 11 a.m. (Various locations on campus)
- Lunch and campus tours: Beginning at noon. Lunch hours are from noon-1:30 p.m. and campus tours run from noon until 2:15 p.m.
- Second department open house: 1 p.m. (various locations on campus)
If You Go
What: Go To Mines Open House
Saturday, July 20
Why: Find out why more than 2,400 students have decided to Go To Mines
Call: 394-2414 or (877) 877-6044 (option 1)