AMPTECH Research Center
Advanced Manufacturing Process Technology Transition and Training Center
— South Dakota Governor's Research Center
— Funding $2.0M (2013-2019)
The Advanced Materials Processing Technology Transition and Training Center (AMPTECH) vision is to provide the catalyst for industry and university cooperative research that will further develop, validate, and implement emerging materials joining and processing technologies in industry through globally competitive manufacturing centers that build up the local and US economy, while providing engineers and experts in their use to industry.
The mission of the proposed AMPTECH program is to take the various innovative and cutting-edge research efforts underway at SDSMT and SDSU and integrate them into transformative advanced materials process solutions, while educating the engineers with the expertise to implement them, as a model for how to address the real-world challenges that our nation is currently facing.
- Achieve recognition as a national leader in the development of advanced manufacturing technologies and training
- Increase competitiveness for major federal research funding leveraging state and private investments and support future research activities
- Generate demonstrable and significant commercial activity contributing economic growth in South Dakota as a result of sponsored research activities
- Form strong partnerships with industry to ensure research outcomes are commercialized
- Increase the number of trained scientists and engineers and technicians in South Dakota