9th Annual New Horizons Oil & Gas Conference
The Organizing Committee and the South Dakota School of Mines &Technology (SDSM&T) have rescheduled the ninth annual New Horizons Oil & Gas Conference for April 23-26, 2014 in Rapid City at the Black Hills Learning Center, 321 Kansas City Street.
The conference focuses on oil and gas activities in the northern Great Plains and Rocky Mountains, especially as they affect the Williston, Powder River and Denver-Julesburg producing basins. This year we have an excellent group of participants discussing:
- Reservoir Stimulation
- The Impacts of Petroleum Development on Regional Water Resources
- The Petroleum Industry and Regional Economic Development
- Best Practices for Petroleum (as related to safety, well completion, etc.)
- The Niobrara Resource Play in the Northern Rockies
- Field Trip - Wednesday April 23, 2013 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Field Trip will tour the southern Black Hills to visit exposures of strata which act as reservoir and source rocks in the adjacent basins.
- Conference – Day 1 on Thursday April 24,2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
— Poster Viewing 10:00-10:30 a.m.
— Poster Judging 3:00-3:30 p.m.
— Reception and Student Poster Awards Presentation 5:15-6:45 p.m.
- Conference – Day 2 on Friday April 25 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Short Course - Saturday April 26, 2014 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
— Presented by Pure Earth Resources, Inc. “Basic Tools for Shale Exploration”
Cost to Attend
Early Bird Registration: (prior to April 10): $250 per person
Standard Registration: $315
Short Course: $250
Field Trip: $100
Student Conference - with lunch - Registration: $35
Student Conference - without lunch - Registration: $0 (no cost)
Student Short Course Registration: $0 (no cost)
Student Sponsorship Assistance Fund
Individuals and businesses have the opportunity to contribute to a Student Sponsorship Assistance fund. This fund is used to enable student attendance and travel for the New Horizon Oil & Gas Conference and/or to fund graduate scholarships. Your voluntary contribution can be made during the registration process and is very meaningful and much appreciated by the student recipients.