Standard Student Checklist - Spring, 2017
Important steps to enrollment for Spring, 2017 Students
download a printed version of this information ]
- Available beginning October 31, 2016
- Residence Halls open for the Spring Semester on Saturday, January 7, 2017 (12 noon)
- New student check-in for residence halls: 12-4 pm
- Housing available for all students of all class levels. Housing available includes apartments, suites, and traditional halls.
- Contact Residence Life: (605) 394-2348,
- Residential Students: Complete the Online Fire Safety Training:
- More information will be available here after December 15 and on the Interactive Checklist for first-time freshmen.
- Residential students must complete and pass this exam before moving into their housing assignment.
- Complete Title IX Sexual Assault Education Program. More information will be available here after December 15.
- File your 2016-2017
Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. We award our limited funded programs (supplemental grants and federal work-study) on a first come, first served basis until program funding runs out. All other Federal Aid programs (Pell Grant, Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Student Loans, and Direct Parent PLUS Loans) are awarded regardless of when a student files their FAFSA.
- Make arrangements for
ACCUPLACER placement testing (or accept your placement) and begin the course registration process (also available at Orientation as well as other locations and dates by appointment). Contact Tom Mahon in the Tutoring and Testing Coordinator Office:
Thomas.Mahon@sdsmt.edu or call (605) 394-2428.
- Contact the Registrar and Academic Services Office to register for courses.
- Request that your final official high school (with graduation date) and/or college transcripts be sent to:
- Admissions Office
South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
501 East Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Advanced Credit: Submit AP, IB and/or CLEP scores (if applicable).
- Submit proof of immunization.
- Save your spot at SD Mines New Student Orientation
- Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. in the lower level of the library. Students attending this orientation will receive their Tablet PC and be taken to EEP 252 for orientation.
- International students - Orientation Thursday, January 5, 2017, 9 am to 3 pm, and Friday, January 6, 9 am to Noon - Bump Room, Surbeck Center.
- Tablet PC Information
- Tablet PCs will be distributed from the ITS Help Desk area. Please come in the East-side entrance of the Library building on the lower-level.
- All students can pick up their tablets at the ITS Help Desk area on Sunday, January 8, 12:00 pm
- For answers to your questions about the Tablet PC program, contact Brad O'Brien: (605) 394-2215, Bradley.Obrien@sdsmt.edu
- Pay your tuition and fees or sign up for a payment plan by January 19, 2017.
- Online payment may be made via
WebAdvisor using SDePay
- Get more with SDepay - view/print your eBill; sign up for a payment plan; pay your bill using a credit or debit card, Echeck or your payment plan.
- Payments may also be made at the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office in the Surbeck Center. Checks (please include your Student ID) can be mailed to:
SDSM&T Student Accounts
501 E. St. Joseph St.
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Register for a parking permit.
- Textbooks and Course Materials Information—learn more about the Rocker Shop (University Bookstore), order your books now, and check your options.
- Course materials will be available for purchase from the Rocker Shop beginning December 28, 2016. In-store availability will be early January 2017.
- We have an online comparison shopping tool for textbooks! Compare book prices with major online textbook retailers and make all your purchases from our website.
- Online payment options include all major credit cards as well as the EZ Short-Term Loan. When the EZ Short-Term Loan payment method is selected, the charge is added to the student’s account one business day after the transaction is processed. EZ Loan payment is due by Final Payment Date as Determined by the University. Most students are eligible for the EZ Loan payment option and it is automatically made available to them to use if they wish. Those students ineligible to use the EZ Loan may work with the Student Accounts/Cashiering Office to see if other payment arrangements can be made.
- The Rocker Shop offers the best combination of convenience, price, selection, and service to students for their course material needs.
- For further information about course materials and store services, please call (605)394-2374 or visit the store website at
www.hardrockershop.com. On the store website you will have access to videos.
- Complete Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loan First-Time Borrower Requirements (if applicable).
- FERPA Privacy Act
- No account information can be given to non-students unless the “Release of Information” authorization form, account information section has been signed.
- FERPA Information Release Form
- Move into your
residence hall. Date: Saturday, January 7 (noon to 4pm).
- Spring semester classes begin Monday, January 9, 2017.
- Pay your tuition and fees or make arrangements by 4 pm on January 19, 2017.
- Contact the ADA Coordinator (if applicable)
- Contact the Office of Multicultural Affairs (if applicable)
- If you are a veteran, participate in Veterans' Orientation: