Are you having trouble finding what you're looking for? Feel free to call the Ivanhoe International Center at (605) 394-6884 or come visit us; our office is located in the basement of the Surbeck center. You can also email us your questions at international@sdsmt.edu.

Information for International Travel

For Students, Faculty and Staff travelling abroad from the U.S. - This is not for international students coming to the U.S.

Health and safety are a priority for your travels. Check our website at: Health and Safety

U.S. Department of State 

Other Government Websites

Tips for Travel

There are many resources that can help you prepare for your experience abroad. The pdfs below have helpful tips. Online searching can be a great resource for travel tips.

Apps for Travel

There are many applications for your mobile device that can help enhance your experience abroad. The pdf below has a wide variety of suggestions.

Faculty Travel 

Travel Resource Sites

Lodging Resources

Student Airfare

We do not endorse any sites.

There are many web sites available to assist you in planning your travel. The first two specifically work with students.

Contact Us:

Ivanhoe International Center
South Dakota Mines
501 E Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD  57701-3995
Email: International@sdsmt.edu
Phone: 1.605.394.6884
FAX: 1.605.394.6883
WhatsApp and Google: 1.605.388.2003
Skype: sdsmt.international

Virtual Tour CTA

Experience South Dakota Mines

The virtual tour captures our unique campus using vibrant imagery, VR360 tours, and video and allows you to enjoy 360° panoramic views of our beautiful campus from the convenience of your own computer or mobile device. >> Explore Now

Where Mines Students Travelled


During you education abroad, please be sure to write a blog, post pictures to Flickr, and join our Education Abroad Facebook Group.

iconSM-Facebook 32px

Stay Up To Date

Ivanhoe International Center - Education Abroad Blog

Develop a Global Focus

South Dakota Mines offers a Global Engineering Minor and a Global Engineering Certificate. See our Minors and Certificates web pages for more details.