Preparing to Go

Apply to the Program you want to attend. 

 Download the Required Documents:

Complete both forms and return with documentation to the Ivanhoe International Center.

Have Financial Aid? Visit the Financial Aid office to ensure your aid will cover your education abroad. 
 Once accepted, send the Ivanhoe International Center a copy of your admission letter:

 Health insurance enrollment - only one required

  • Health insurance (Mines Link login required)
  • Program Specific Insurance - KEI, AIFS, ISA

 Received your health insurance?

  • For CISI - SD BOR insurance
    • Log into your portal and download the app for your convenience
  • For Program Specific insurance - send a copy to

Learn More About:

Diversity and Inclusion Abroad

At South Dakota Mines, we encourage diversity and inclusion while increasing global and cultural competency amongst student body. We also believe that international experiences can enhance degree programs, learning experience, and future careers.

Contact Us:

Ivanhoe International Center
South Dakota Mines
501 E Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD  57701-3995
Phone: 1.605.394.6884
FAX: 1.605.394.6883
WhatsApp and Google: 1.605.388.2003

Virtual Tour CTA

Experience South Dakota Mines

The virtual tour captures our unique campus using vibrant imagery, VR360 tours, and video and allows you to enjoy 360° panoramic views of our beautiful campus from the convenience of your own computer or mobile device. >> Explore Now

Where Mines Students Travelled


During you education abroad, please be sure to write a blog, post pictures to Flickr, and join our Education Abroad Facebook Group.

iconSM-Facebook 32px

Stay Up To Date

Ivanhoe International Center - Education Abroad Blog