Non-SD Mines Honors Scholarships

Periodically, the Financial Aid Office is notified of scholarship opportunities that are available outside the University. Information is posted in the Financial Aid Office, O'Harra Administration Building, Room 216 and is also given to each department that the scholarship may be relative to. You can also find more detailed information on the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Scholarships List maintained by the Dean of Students office that are awarded annually from outside organizations.

Students who receive a scholarship that was not awarded by the School of Mines need to provide a copy of the award notification to the Financial Aid Office so that we can properly enter the award into your Financial Aid record. The scholarship check needs to be sent to our office so that we can properly process the check and apply the funds to the student's account at Mines. Unless we have information to the contrary from the scholarship donor, checks received for less than $1000 will be processed for disbursement in one semester. Unless we have information to the contrary from the scholarship donor, checks equal to or greater than $1000 received prior to the start of the fall semester will be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Regardless of the amount, checks received for the spring semester, or for fall if the student is graduating that December, will be fully disbursed for that semester.

Failure to notify the Financial Aid Office of non-SD Mines scholarships the student is receiving may result in a partial or total cancellation of Federal Financial Aid awarded and repayment of any funds received.

Visit our Scholarship Search Resources webpage to find other more traditional scholarship sources.