International Students: After You Arrive

Getting Started


Getting Settled


Safety and Security


Employment for International Students

On-Campus Employment

Employment for students on the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology campus is not guaranteed to anyone. Each student must look for employment opportunities on campus and apply for the ones for which he or she is qualified. Faculty and staff members will NOT find jobs for students.

Many positions that various departments advertise for help are classified as work-study. International students are not eligible for work-study positions. Below are places where international students have worked in the past. These places are not guaranteed to have jobs.

Contact the Ivanhoe International Center before starting any type of job.

Visit the Student Employment page for openings:

Off-Campus Employment

More information coming soon.

Please contact the Ivanhoe International Center (contact information at right) whenever you have a question, need help understanding information about the University, or understanding the steps to apply and attend here.  We will help in every way that we can.