Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

CPT is defined as being "an integral part of the curriculum" during your academic career, which includes internships.

Curricular Practical Training is a type of off-campus work permission for F-1 international students who want to gain experience in their field of study. CPT is not available after a student completes a degree program.

The CPT Application Process

Contact Us:

Ivanhoe International Center
SD School of Mines & Technology
501 E Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD  57701-3995
Phone: 1.605.394.6884
FAX: 1.605.394.6883

Virtual Tour CTA

Experience SD Mines

The SD Mines virtual tour captures our unique campus using vibrant imagery, VR360 tours, and video and allows you to enjoy 360° panoramic views of our beautiful campus from the convenience of your own computer or mobile device. >> Explore Now