Campus Safety 

What is an Emergency?

Emergency situations are those which endanger lives and/or University Assets.

Emergency Services

Emergencies involving personal safety should be called into the Rapid City Police Department at 911. After this, call Campus Safety 605-394-6100.

Rapid City Police Department serves the SD Mines campus for law enforcement. Any damages to personal property, i.e. vehicular burglaries or vandalism, should be reported to the Rapid City Police. Call 394-4131 for non-emergency situations. After contacting the Police, call Campus Safety at 605-394-6100 to file a required campus incident report.

The Campus - Emergency

In an immediate emergency, CALL 911

Campus Safety Office

  • (605) 394-6100
  • on campus dial 6100

Campus Phone Info

  • On-campus prefix is 394
  • Dial 9 first on campus to get an outside line
  • South Dakota area code is 605