Scholarship Information for Students who are not Incoming Freshmen

Current Students

In order to be considered for University scholarships (non-departmental), current/continuing students enrolled at the School of Mines will be required to complete a brief on-line scholarship application. This application will be made available during the fall semester (look for an email announcement from the Financial Aid Director in late October) and will have a submission deadline of midnight December 31. Scholarship awards will be made in the spring semester of the current year for the following academic year (i.e. Spring 2015 for 2015-16 academic year).

Announcement of the "Continuing Student Scholarship Application" will be made available to students via their Mines email account (and possible other means such as the electronic bulletin board in Surbeck, posters around campus, etc.) prior to the application being available. Students who do not complete this application may be disqualified from being considered for any type of University scholarship available for continuing students for the upcoming academic year.

Each department will award scholarships to students majoring in their discipline. Students majoring in mechanical engineering need to contact the department in order to be considered for mechanical engineering department scholarships. Students majoring in disciplines other than mechanical engineering are not required to do so.

Transfer Students

Transfer students are advised to contact the department from which they plan to pursue their degree at the School of Mines. Their department will be able to provide information on funds available and the process for obtaining scholarship consideration.

International Students

All international students should contact Suzi Aadland in the Ivanhoe Center regarding scholarship and fellowship opportunities. You might also want to look into the possible sources of scholarship and fellowship assistance that may be available through on-line sites such as eduPASS or International Scholarships On-line for assistance outside the School of Mines.

Military or Veteran Students, or Dependent Children of Veterans

A comprehensive list of scholarships available to Military/Veterans on our Veteran Resource Center’s Scholarship page.