Federal Grants

Detailed information is available on the U.S.Department of Education Federal Student Aid website.

The FAFSA Comes First

To be considered for the federal grant programs, students must file a new Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year (See our Applying For Financial Aid page for more information about FAFSA). You must be a degree-seeking student at South Dakota Mines.

Pell Grant

Pell Grants are available only to undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelor's degree. Pell Grant awards are prorated for less than full-time enrollment.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

SEOG is available only to undergraduate students. This is a limited funded Federal program with awarding priority given to Pell Grant recipients with exceptional financial need.