Resolving Loan Problems - US. Dept. of Education Ombudsman

The Financial Aid Office at South Dakota Mines is required by regulation to provide you information regarding the U.S. Department of Education representative that you can contact to resolve disputes with your Student Loan lender. The Federal Student Financial Aid Ombudsman will help you with options to resolve problems regarding your student loans. If you have exhausted all available avenues to resolve a dispute with your lender over any issue relative to your student loans, then you should take advantage of the assistance they can provide to you. They can be reached via:


Phone, toll free





U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman Group

P.O. Box 1843

Monticello, KY 42633

Regardless of the means by which you contact them, be sure to have as much documentation available as possible.