Accreditation and Assessment
The bachelor of science program in mechanical engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
We realize that building upon traditions of excellence requires continual development of active partnerships among faculty, students, and our constituents. In keeping with these objectives, the mechanical engineering program produces graduates who are able to perform at a level that meets or exceeds industry expectations. Our students will be able to achieve the objectives listed below within a few years of graduation by attaining the outcomes below at the time of graduation.
Lead and/or manage effective engineering design analyses
- Apply skills in engineering, science, and mathematics
- Practice effective analysis
- Conduct data analyses and analyses verification
Lead and/or manage effective engineering design teams
- Apply effective engineering design skills
- Demonstrate teaming proficiency
- Participate in research and professional development